Presenter: Steve LeFever, Profit Mastery
|This 90-minute program will be presented live on:||June 25, 10:00-11:30 a.m. Central Time|
|Recording available through:||September 25, 2020|
The independent business market is your most profitable segment, and every bank wants access to it. Over the last few months, many have been financially impacted like never before – and they are struggling for answers. There is confusion, fear – and questions. You can be that “voice of reason” in a world turned upside-down. For decades, true differentiation has been elusive—until now. This is not traditional credit analysis; the strategic perspective developed will be exceedingly valuable to all bankers—from HR, Marketing, to Operations—as well as to seasoned lenders.
This program will examine the financing needs and challenges of closely-held businesses—with an emphasis on both balancing credit risk with business development objectives in the “new normal” lending environment and creating real differentiation in the business community – and has been a popular GSB elective for the last 15 years.
The session will deliver a unique perspective in terms of utilizing core financial concepts to accomplish business development goals—while concurrently focusing on the tools and information necessary to advise and deal with non-financially oriented owners.
The presenter will provide practical aspects of working with customers regarding: financial position; projecting financial needs and problem-solving through cash flow planning; analysis of the firm's financial needs and requirements for growth; financing patterns; structuring debt; and obtaining sound loan proposals from the customer. You might say: “developing business by building a better business owner.”
The goal is to increase the banker's ability to deal effectively with closely-held business owners...and the financial requirements of owner-managed enterprises. The beauty of this course is that you can actually deliver these same powerful tools directly to your business customers/prospects.
To summarize, you might describe this course this way: “Finance is the medium, but communication is the message.” This is finance like you’ve never seen it before!
Program Topics include:
- Practical, "short cut"—yet sophisticated—financial analysis for bankers with credit, marketing, or business development responsibilities / identification of credit and non-credit needs.
- Application of unique tools to improve cash flow, profitability, and bankability—the “Roadmap,” the “Cup,” and the “Gap.”
- Financing considerations for fixed assets, seasonal expansion/contraction, and growth.
- Application of cash flow concepts to repayment ability and debt structure
- Methods to improve communication with closely-held business owners, focusing on conveying sophisticated financial concepts/products in non-technical terms.
Target audience: commercial lenders, branch managers/assistant managers, private bankers, business development officers, credit analysts – any staff who interface with business owners.
Your cart is empty